American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A gracious gesture.
- n. A gesture noble in form but meaningless in substance.
- n. A gracious gesture, noble in form but often futile or meaningless in substance.
- n. a gracious (but usually meaningless) gesture
- French beau ("beautiful") + geste ("gesture") (Wiktionary)
- French : beau, noble + geste, gesture. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘beau geste’.
Important foreign/historical wrdrs & phrses
foreign words used in English
Words that should be used once a day, even if a situation that can invoke the use of the word needs to be created.
Looking for tweets for beau geste.