from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an aquatic ratlike quadruped of Tasmania (Hydromys chrysogaster).
- n. See under Beaver and Coast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The name in Australia of the murine rodents of the family Muridæ and genus Hydromys (which see).
- n. A name of the ondatra, muskrat, or musquash of North America, Fiber zibethicus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. amphibious rat of Australia and New Guinea
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.