Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The name in Australia of the murine rodents of the family Muridæ and genus Hydromys (which see). They are aquatic animals of Australia and Tasmania, inhabiting the banks bordering both salt and fresh water, swimming and diving with ease, and in general economy resembling the water-vole of Europe, Arvicola amphibius, or the muskrat of America.
- n. A name of the ondatra, muskrat, or musquash of North America, Fiber zibethicus.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) an aquatic ratlike quadruped of Tasmania (Hydromys chrysogaster).
- n. (Zoöl.) See under Beaver and Coast.
- n. amphibious rat of Australia and New Guinea
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘beaver rat’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for beaver rat.