from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To wet with or as if with dew.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make wet with or as if with dew.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To moisten with dew, or as with dew.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To moisten with or as with dew; moisten in a gentle manner with any liquid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cover with drops of dew or as with dew
From Middle English bidewen, bideawen, equivalent to be- + dew. Cognate with Dutch bedauwen ("to bedew"), German betauen ("to bedew"). (Wiktionary)