from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A brownish substance consisting of a mixture of pollen and honey and used by bees as food.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mixture of nectar and pollen made by worker bees and used as food for larvae
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A brown, bitter substance found in some of the cells of honeycomb. It is made chiefly from the pollen of flowers, which is collected by bees as food for their young.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A brown bitter substance, the pollen of flowers, collected by bees as food for their young. See bee.
- n. A plant much visited by bees or cultivated for their use, as red clover, Trifolium pratense, or borage, Borago officinalis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mixture of nectar and pollen prepared by worker bees and fed to larvae
Sorry, no etymologies found.