from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The small, three-angled nut of a beech tree.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The small, triangular nut of the beech tree.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The nut of the beech tree.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the nuts or fruits of the beech. The nuts are triangular, and inclosed in a spiny capsule or husk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small sweet triangular nut of any of various beech trees
Sorry, no etymologies found.