from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To smear or soil with or as if with dirt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make something dirty; to soil
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To soil with grime or dirt deeply impressed or rubbed in.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make grimy; cover or impress as with dirt or grime.
- Synonyms Tarnish, etc. See soil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make soiled, filthy, or dirty
Sorry, no etymologies found.