from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An alloy of tin and copper used to make bells.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hard alloy of about three parts of copper to one of tin, used for making bells.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A hard alloy or bronze, consisting usually of about three parts of copper to one of tin; -- used for making bells.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A variety of bronze, an alloy of copper and tin, of which bells are made.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. bronze with 3 or 4 parts copper to 1 part tin; used in making bells
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.