from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A lift in weightlifting that is executed from a horizontal position on a bench, in which the weight is lifted from the chest to arm's length and then lowered back to the chest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An exercise preformed by pressing the weight of a barbell away from one's body while lying on a bench.
- v. To press the weight of a barbell away from one's body while lying on a bench.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small punch press mounted on a workbench
- n. a weightlift in which you lie on your back on a bench and press weights upward
Sorry, no etymologies found.