from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A board used by molders, on which the pattern is laid when starting to fill the flask with sand. This board is removed after the flask is turned over, so that the cope can be put on.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.