from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Punjabi dance music traditionally performed during harvest festivals and weddings, characterized by the beating of a large, two-headed drum.
- n. A popular style of music combining traditional bhangra drumming with modern Western instruments and rhythms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lively style of music originating from India.
- n. A traditional Punjabi folk dance, originally a celebration of the harvest.
- n. Any of various modern Punjabi dance styles of the 1950s and 1990s.
Punjabi bhāngṛā.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Punjabi ਭੰਗੜਾ (Wiktionary)