Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An anvil with two projecting, tapering ends; hence, one such end; a beak-iron.
- n. Medieval milit., a name for the martel-de-fer, in allusion to its double head, of which one side was made pointed and the other blunt; any similar double-headed weapon or tool.
- n. Any iron implement ending in a beak: as if a contracted form of beak-iron (which see).
- n. Also beckern.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. An anvil ending in a beak or point (orig. in
twobeaks); also, the beak or horn itself.
- From Middle French bigorne. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bickern’.
List of words from phrontistery.info
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for bickern.