from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An anvil with two projecting taper ends.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An anvil ending in a beak or point (orig. in two beaks); also, the beak or horn itself.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An anvil with two projecting, tapering ends; hence, one such end; a beak-iron.
- n. Medieval milit., a name for the martel-de-fer, in allusion to its double head, of which one side was made pointed and the other blunt; any similar double-headed weapon or tool.
- n. Any iron implement ending in a beak: as if a contracted form of beak-iron (which see).
- n. Also beckern.
From Middle French bigorne. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.