from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having two teeth or toothlike parts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having tooth-like projections that are themselves dentate.
- adj. Of a ligand, forming two separate chemical bonds to a coordinating metal ion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having two teeth or two toothlike processes; two-toothed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having two teeth or processes like teeth; two-toothed. Other forms are bidentated, bidental, bidential, and (rarely) bidented.
- In botany, doubly dentate, the principal teeth, as of a dentate leaf, being less deeply dentate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having toothlike projections that are themselves toothed
Sorry, no etymologies found.