from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Fitted with or involving the use of two threads or wires.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having two wires, threads or filaments
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Two-threaded; involving the use of two threads.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Two-threaded; having two threads.
- n. A micrometer fitted with two threads.
- n. An electric circuit doubled back upon itself so that the conductor is closely adjacent to the return-conductor and the inductance of the circuit is thereby reduced to a minimum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or using two filaments
Sorry, no etymologies found.