from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Botany Having two lips, as the corollas of the snapdragon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having two lips; two-lipped.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having two lips, as the corols of certain flowers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- . Possessing, or having the appearance of possessing, two lips: in botany, applied to an irregular corolla or calyx whose lobes are so arranged as to form an upper and a lower lip.
- In conchology, having the outer lip doubled by a thickening behind the margin or true lip.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having two lips
Sorry, no etymologies found.