from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Occurring every two months; bimonthly.
- adj. Lasting two months.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Occurring once every two months
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Continuing two months.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Happening every two months; continuing two months.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. occurring every two months
- adj. two months long; lasting two months
(June, 1300), -- an office which the Florentines had made bimestrial in its tenure, in order apparently to secure at least six constitutional chances of revolution in the year.
Help-online (i.e. videoconference) requests and payments are made at the beginning of the month on monthly (bimestrial, 3 -, 4 -, 6 -, 12-months) base.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.