from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or relating to two ears.
- adj. Having to do with the perception of sound with both ears: binaural hearing.
- adj. Of or relating to sound transmission from two sources, which may vary acoustically, as in tone or pitch, to give a stereophonic effect.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, affecting, or designed for use with two ears
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to, or used by, both ears.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having two ears.
- Pertaining to or involving the use of both ears; fitted for being simultaneously used by two ears: as, a binaural stethoscope, which has two connected tubes capped by small earpieces.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or having or hearing with two ears
Sorry, no etymologies found.