from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An early movie projector.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An early form of movie projector
- n. A cinema or movie theatre.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A view of life; that which gives such a view.
- n. An animated picture machine for screen projection; a cinematograph (which see); an archaic term replaced by movie projector.
- n. a South African movie theater.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A view of life, or anything which gives such a view: as, “Bagman's Bioscope: Various Views of Men and Manners” (a book-title).
- n. 2. A cinematograph or vita-scope.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a South African movie theater
- n. a kind of early movie projector
Ancient Greek βίος (bíos, "bio-, life") + σκοπέω (skopeō, "I look at"). (Wiktionary)