from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or having to do with life or living organisms.
- adj. Produced or caused by living organisms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or produced by life or living organisms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to life.
- adj. produced by or caused by living things.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as biotical.
- Pertaining to or treating of a biota, or the combined fauna and flora of a region or period: as, a biotic publication; a biotic region.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to living organisms
Probably Greek biōtikos, from biōtos, life, from bioun, to live, from bios, life; see gwei- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek βιωτικός (biōtikos, "of life"), from βίος (bios, "life"). (Wiktionary)