from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The capacity to act, function, or develop in either of two possible ways.
- n. The capacity to function either as a male or a female.
- n. The condition of having both male and female reproductive organs; hermaphroditism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The capacity to develop in either of two different ways, especially to become either male or female
- n. The presence of both male and female reproductive organs in an individual; hermaphroditism
Sorry, no etymologies found.