from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fusion of two triangular prisms
- n. An optical device of this construction used to generate interference fringes
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A prism whose refracting angle is very nearly 180 degrees.
- n. A combination of two short rectangular glass prisms cemented together at their diagonal faces so as to form a cube; -- called also optical cube. It is used in one form of photometer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A prism with two refractive edges each of small angle, its cross-section being an obtuse-angled isosceles triangle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an optical device for obtaining interference fringes
bi- + prism (Wiktionary)