from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dog used to hunt game birds; a gun dog.
- n. Informal One that bird-dogs.
- n. A scout, especially in baseball.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dog used in shooting to retrieve the dead birds, especially an English pointer.
- n. A tout
- v. To watch closely.
- v. To seek out.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a gun dog trained to locate or retrieve birds
bird + dog (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.