Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A blunt-headed arrow for the longbow or crossbow, formerly used for shooting birds. It was intended to stun without piercing.
- n. A local English name of the burbot, Molva lota.
- n. A short blunt arrow for killing birds without piercing them.
- n. figuratively Anything that smites without penetrating.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A short blunt arrow for killing birds without piercing them. Anything which smites without penetrating.
- bird + bolt (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘birdbolt’.
Looking for tweets for birdbolt.