from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any plant in the genus Ambrosia, especially Ambrosia artemisiifolia.
- n. The plant Artemisia trifida.
- n. The plant Helenium amarum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A species of Ambrosia (Ambrosia artemisiæfolia); Roman worm wood.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name given to American species of ragweed, Ambrosia artemisiæfolia and A. trifida.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. widespread European weed with spiny tongue-shaped leaves and yellow flowers; naturalized in United States
- n. any of numerous chiefly North American weedy plants constituting the genus Ambrosia that produce highly allergenic pollen responsible for much hay fever and asthma
bitter + weed (Wiktionary)