from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Happening every two years. See Usage Note at bi-1.
- adj. Happening twice a year; semiyearly.
- adv. Every two years.
- adv. Twice a year; semiyearly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Occurring every two years; biennial
- adj. Occurring twice per year; biannual
- adv. Every two years; biennially
- adv. Twice per year; biannually
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. every two years
- adj. occurring or payable twice each year
- adv. twice a year
- adj. occurring every second year
Sorry, no etymologies found.