from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fisher, North American marten that has thick brown fur; Martes pennanti.
- n. A cat with black fur.
- v. To do in some respect better than another.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the fisher, a quadruped of North America allied to the sable, but larger. See Fisher.
- n. the fisher. See under Black.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name of the fisher, pekan, or Pennant's marten, Mustela pennanti, a large blackish marten peculiar to the northerly parts of North America. Also called black-fox. See cut under fisher.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal
Sorry, no etymologies found.