from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an evergreen tree, most commonly of the species Pinus nigra; alternatively, Pinus thunbergii or Pinus jeffreyi.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large two-needled timber pine of southeastern Europe
- n. tall symmetrical pine of western North America having long blue-green needles in bunches of 3 and elongated cones on spreading somewhat pendulous branches; sometimes classified as a variety of ponderosa pine
- n. New Zealand conifer used for lumber; the dark wood is used for interior carpentry
- n. conifer of Australia and New Zealand
- n. large Japanese ornamental having long needles in bunches of 2; widely planted in United States because of its resistance to salt and smog
Sorry, no etymologies found.