American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A French black sausage made of pork and seasoned pig's blood. Also called boudin noir.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of sausage made of blood and suet, seasoned with salt, pepper, onions, etc., sometimes with the addition of a little oatmeal. Also called blood-pudding.
- n. A sausage, made from pork blood, oats and spices; eaten at breakfast and combined in starters and salads.
GNU Webster's 1913
- A kind of sausage made of blood, suet, etc., thickened with meal.
- n. a black sausage containing pig's blood and other ingredients
“Thinking about breakfast was better than thinking about other things, though, and for a time, he amused himself by envisioning the powdered eggs and soggy toast he’d have got in the mess, then going on to the lavish breakfasts of his youth in the Highlands: huge bowls of steaming parritch, slices of black pudding fried in lard, bannocks with marmalade, gallons of hot strong tea…”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘black pudding’.
The bad news: There are possibly tens of thousands of colour collocations in English. The good news is that the pictures retrieved by Wordnik from flickr will probably match the terms this time.
Tolkien worked in the black section
of the dictionary at one point in his life
Cultural realia from Hungary.
I have only included realia that already have an English spelling variant and DID NOT include Hungarian words that would be used in English texts unchang...
Traditional British dishes have some of the most unique and interesting names. Here's a list to collect all those wonderfully-named foods and delectable words to describe how delicious British cuis...
Words that remind me of England, which I miss very much.
diver scallop, grilled porcini, lavender-fennel p..., roasted cranberri..., carmelized walnut..., cardamom-molasses..., bittersweet choco..., rosemary flatbread, eggplant veloute, fennel gratin, rollmops, jugged hare and 122 more...
Edible organ meats and leftover parts.
Looking for tweets for black pudding.