American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A social engagement between two persons who have not previously met, usually arranged by a mutual acquaintance.
- n. Either of the persons participating in such a social engagement.
- n. idiomatic A romantic meeting between two people who have never met before.
- n. a participant in a blind date (someone you meet for the first time when you have a date with them)
- n. a date with a stranger
“Feeling sorry for me, my close friends mobilized their network and found me a blind datethe blind date from hell!”
“Then again, I heard about this eighty-five-year-old woman who went on a blind date with a ninety-two-year-old man.”
“Oh—Bud Fleece is my dad and the blind date is Sam the Barber’s son.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘blind date’.
Interesting gene names. Some of these may have changed recently (to something less offensive/funny).
tinman, agnostic, dreadlocks, Van Gogh, fruitless, lava lamp, ariadne, cheap date, ken and barbie, I'm not dead yet, I'm not dead yet 2, manic fringe and 1192 more...
Names for the next generation of My Little Ponies. Inspired by Star's list.
Words coined or popularized during the Roaring '20s.
No rhyme or reason other than that I like the names. :-) For more flower fun, see these lists:
Rose words by mollusque
Rose varieties by mollusque
Tulip Names II: You Know ...
dedicated to my man Steven, without whom i would be addicted to drugs, lying in a gutter, hating myself, or hooking somewhere :)
Wanna know how to be a spy? Sorry, that's classified. But this list can teach you how to talk like one.
Looking for tweets for blind date.