from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The plant Amaranthus blitum.
- n. Any of various plants in the genus Chenopodium.
- n. Any of various plants in the genus Atriplex.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of herbs (Blitum) with a fleshy calyx. Blitum capitatum is the strawberry blite.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See blight.
- n. A common name of several succulent-leafed plants, chiefly of the genus Chenopodium (or Blitum), sometimes used as pot-herbs.
Sorry, no etymologies found.