from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A shrub or small tree of southern Florida and the West Indies, with smooth oval leaves and a hard, ten-ribbed fruit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A shrub or small tree of southern Florida and the West Indies (Pisonia obtusata) with smooth oval leaves and a hard, 10-ribbed fruit.
- n. The rubiaceous shrub Chicocca racemosa, of the same region.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tree, Fisonia longi-folia, of the West Indies and southern Florida.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. evergreen climbing shrub of southern Florida and West Indies grown for its racemes of fragrant white to creamy flowers followed by globose white succulent berries
Sorry, no etymologies found.