from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An analysis of a sample of blood, especially for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
- n. The process of obtaining blood for such a test: went to the clinic for a blood test.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A serologic analysis of a sample of blood; a test in which blood is removed from a subject and analyzed to determine the presence or levels of any of a variety of substances which indicate whether the subject has health problems.
- n. An analysis of blood performed on two subjects to determine whether they are biologically related, such as a paternity test.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a serologic analysis of a sample of blood
Sorry, no etymologies found.