from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bird, the blue titmouse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The bluepoll.
- n. The blue bonnet or blue titmouse.
- n. A Scot; a Scotchman; -- so named from wearing a blue bonnet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fish said to be of the salmon kind, with blue spots on its head.
- n. Same as bluebonnet
- n. In botany: Some blue-flowered species of Scabiosa, as S. succisa and S. arvensis. The bluebottle, Centaurea Cyanus.
- n. Same as bluebonnet, 3.
- n. In coal-mining, a blue or brownish halo around the flame of the safety-lamp, indicating the presence of a dangerous quantity of fire-damp.
He said something to Drogo and then to the bluecap, and we started off, with Drogo in the lead and the bluecap with the bags in the rear.
I shelled it out, was instructed to give the bluecap a buck and did so after he had handed the luggage up to the pilot, and steadied the portable stile while Wolfe engineered himself up and in.
I watched a bluecap or blue titmouse feeding her young, whose nest was in a wall close to an orchard.
"It's a bit of a landmark," said Gabor Luka, 40, a bespectacled veterinarian, who co-owns the 2,152-square-foot home with his brother, Tibor Luka, 43, a financial adviser who owns bluecap, a wealth management and pension planning company in Geneva.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.