from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. bluefin tuna, a number of types of tuna characterised by their blue fins.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A species of whitefish (Coregonus nigripinnis) found in Lake Michigan.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A local name in the United States of the lake-herring or whitefish of Lake Michigan, Coregonus nigripinnis. See cisco.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. largest tuna; to 1500 pounds; of mostly temperate seas: feed in polar regions but breed in tropics
- n. flesh of very large tuna
Sorry, no etymologies found.