Definitions

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. Plural form of bluegrass.

Etymologies

Sorry, no etymologies found.

Examples

  • The boundary between Cretaceous sediments and Tertiary deposits of the Gulf Plain roughly marks the northern limit of the Mitchell Grass Downs in Queensland, with grasslands to the north generally dominated by bluegrasses (Dichanthium spp.).

    Mitchell grass downs

  • Deep green color, especially in the various bluegrasses in our lawns, will be generated by making iron available to the grass.

    Vail Daily - Top Stories

  • Wetter areas need at least 70 percent rough bluegrasses with the remaining 30 percent in a blend that includes some perennial ryegrass.

    Rockford Register Star Home RSS

  • There are shade-tolerant cultivars of Kentucky bluegrasses along with blends of fine-leaf fescues are good for dry areas.

    Rockford Register Star Home RSS

  • "You can create a mixture of grasses that will establish in shade, versus the sod which will be made up of hybrid Kentucky bluegrasses which prefer full-sun exposures," he explained.

    The Times Today's News

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.

Comments

Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.