American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A biennial Eurasian plant (Echium vulgare) naturalized as a weed in eastern North America and having usually blue flowers.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The viper's bugloss, Echium vulgare, a foreign weed with showy blue flowers which has been introduced into the United States.
- n. A cæsal piniaceous plant, Hoffmanseggia stricta, introduced from Mexico into Texas in alkali soils and regarded as a pest, though its tubers are eaten by hogs and its foliage, in dry seasons, by cattle. It is the camote del raton of the Mexicans.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a coarse prickly European weed (Echium vulgare) with spikes of blue flowers; naturalized in the U. S.
- n. a coarse prickly European weed with spikes of blue flowers; naturalized in United States
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Looking for tweets for blueweed.