from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A house where paying guests are provided with meals and lodging.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A private house in which paying residents are provided with accomodation and meals.
- n. A boarding school building where boarders live during term time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a house in which boarders are kept.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a private house that provides accommodations and meals for paying guests
Sorry, no etymologies found.