from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who steals corpses from graves and sells them, usually for purposes of dissection.
- n. Slang A corporate recruiter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who secretly removes without right or authority a dead body from a grave, vault, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. one who secretly removes without right or authority a dead body from a grave, vault, etc.; a resurrectionist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who secretly disinters the bodies of the dead as subjects for dissection, or for the purpose of exacting a ransom; a resurrectionist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who takes bodies from graves and sells them for anatomical dissection
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.