American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Architecture A molding that projects from the surface of a panel.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In joinery, a kind of molding which projects beyond the surface of the work which it decorates. It is used chiefly for surrounding panels in doors, and in like positions. The word is generally used attributively or in composition, as bolection-molding.
- n. architecture A moulding that covers a joint, especially between joints between surfaces on different levels
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Arch.) A projecting molding round a panel. Same as bilection.
- Origin unknown. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“A section of the bolection mould planted on the frame is shown in the lower figure.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bolection’.
List of words from phrontistery.info
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Decorative trims and moldings and their elements, from room-scale to whole-building-scale, including, of course, ovolo.
Words taken from Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.
Words to remember from DFW's "Infinite Jest"
Words encountered while reading "Infinite Jest". I'm sure I'm not the only person to have a list like this.
Looking for tweets for bolection.