from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having discovered or renewed a commitment to Jesus as one's personal savior: a born-again Christian.
- adj. Characterized by renewal, resurgence, or return: born-again patriotism; a born-again fiscal conservative.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a renewed commitment to Jesus Christ as a personal saviour.
- adj. Having the zeal of a convert of a non-religious cause or activity.
- adj. Of or pertaining to evangelical Christianity.
- n. Someone who has a renewed commitment to Jesus Christ as a personal saviour.
- n. Anyone with a renewed commitment to any kind of cause or belief.
- n. An evangelical Christian.
From born again in John 3:3 and 3:7.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From the New Testament: "Jesus replied, 'Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born again.'" [John 3:3, Today's New International Version] (Wiktionary)