from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Ready, prepared.
- v. To make or get ready; prepare.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Ready; prepared; destined; tending.
- transitive v. To make or get ready.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Ready; prepared; on the point of going or intending to go.
- To prepare; make ready.
- To make ready to go; go: as, to busk and boun, a common expression in old ballads.
From Old Norse búinn, past participle of búa ("prepare"). (Wiktionary)