from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A level grassy area for lawn bowling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A finely-laid, close-mown and rolled stretch of lawn for playing the game of bowls.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a level piece of greensward or smooth ground for bowling, as the small park in lower Broadway, New York, where the Dutch of New Amsterdam played this game.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a town in southern Kentucky
- n. a field of closely mowed turf for playing bowls
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.