from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who makes or sells bows for archery.
- n. Archaic An archer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who makes or sells bows (for use with arrows).
- n. A person who uses the bow, an archer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An archer; one who uses bow.
- n. One who makes or sells bows.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An archer; one who uses a bow: as, “the bowyer king,”
- n. One who makes bows.
- n. Same as boyer.
From Middle English bowyere, bowȝere, variant forms of bowere ("bowyer"), equivalent to bow + -yer. (Wiktionary)