American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A coat designed to hang loosely from the shoulders.
- n. A heavy overcoat formerly worn by coachmen.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A heavy overcoat worn by coachmen.
- n. Early in the present century, an overcoat with a cape, approximately of the form of coachman's great-coat: intended originally for travelers on the outside of coaches.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a thick overcoat for driving; sometimes with a heavy cape to carry off the rain.
- n. a short coat that hangs loosely from the shoulders
- box1 + coat. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Looking for tweets for box coat.