from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A coat designed to hang loosely from the shoulders.
- n. A heavy overcoat formerly worn by coachmen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a thick overcoat for driving; sometimes with a heavy cape to carry off the rain.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A heavy overcoat worn by coachmen.
- n. Early in the present century, an overcoat with a cape, approximately of the form of the coachman's great-coat: intended originally for travelers on the outside of coaches.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a short coat that hangs loosely from the shoulders
box1 + coat.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.