from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A method of shared problem solving in which all members of a group spontaneously contribute ideas.
- n. A similar process undertaken by a person to solve a problem by rapidly generating a variety of possible solutions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A method of problem solving in which members of a group contribute ideas spontaneously.
- v. Present participle of brainstorm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a group problem-solving technique in which members spontaneously share ideas and solutions
Sorry, no etymologies found.
A spokeswoman said: 'The DETI does not use the term brainstorming on its training courses on the grounds that it may be deemed pejorative.'
Please sit with your small learning team cluster group and begin brainstorming wows and wonders you have had so far this year about differentiation.
So, if anyone's interested in brainstorming the idea further please leave a comment below.
A developing Social Committee, for those interested in brainstorming fun social events for the League
Free writing: Begin brainstorming for short story topic
These details brought together require skills in brainstorming, mind-stimulation and idea-connection.
Definitely interested in brainstorming more on this.
And in his drawings he almost singlehandedly invented the modern technique of "brainstorming" -- getting quickly down on paper whatever comes into one's head and leaving judgments for later.
I spend a lot of time in my head, crafting what’s going to happen to my characters and what they’re going to say and how they’re going to react to whatever calamity I throw at them, so once all of that brainstorming is done, sitting down and banging out 1k words shouldn’t be too tough.
After allowing all the information to settle, I’ll begin brainstorming everything I know about the subject in blast of bullet points.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.