from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A European marine fish (Pagrus vulgaris) allied to the American scup; the becker. The name is sometimes applied to the related species.
- n. a kind of small charcoal used for roasting ore.
- v. Dated form of braise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See braise.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cook (meat) by stewing in a thick rich gravy with vegetables, etc., and then slowly baking.
- n. In cookery, braized meat.
- n. An acanthop-terygian fish of the genus Pagrus, P. vulgaris, of the family Sparidæ, found in British seas. Also called becker.
- n. A local Scotch name of the roach. Also braze.
- n. The dust of charcoal which accumulates around the furnace of charcoal-works; coal-dust.
Sorry, no etymologies found.