from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A board on which bread is sliced or dough is kneaded.
- n. An experimental model, especially of an electric circuit; a prototype.
- n. A thin, blank, often white board on which a prototype circuit with numerous connections for circuit elements is constructed.
- transitive v. To construct an experimental model of (an electric circuit, for example).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cutting board, especially for cutting bread.
- n. A pull-out cutting board underneath a counter, found in many kitchens.
- n. A reusable solderless device used to build a (usually temporary) prototype of an electronic circuit and for experimenting with circuit designs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a wooden or plastic board on which dough is kneaded or bread is sliced
bread + board (Wiktionary)