American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A perennial herb (Psoralea esculenta) in the pea family, native to prairies and plains in central North America, and having a tuberous, starchy root that was an important food for many Native Americans. Also called prairie potato.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Psoralea, the P. esculenta. See Psoralea.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) The root of a leguminous plant (Psoralea esculenta), found near the Rocky Mountains. It is usually oval in form, and abounds in farinaceous matter, affording sweet and palatable food.
- n. densely hairy perennial of central North America having edible tuberous roots
- bread + root (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Looking for tweets for breadroot.