from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marked by or indicating a balance, especially between investment and return.
- n. The point, especially the level of sales of a good or service, at which the return on investment is exactly equal to the amount invested.
- n. The point at which the energy put into a system is equalled by the energy produced by that system: reaching breakeven in controlled fusion reactions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of break-even.
- v. Alternative spelling of break even.
Sorry, no etymologies found.