from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A point of discontinuity, change, or cessation.
- n. Computer Science A point in a program at which operation may be interrupted for manual intervention.
- n. A situation in tennis in which one more point is needed to break the opponent's serve.
- n. The point awarded in such a situation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A point in a program at which operation may be interrupted during debugging so that the state of the program at that point can be investigated.
- n. The point where surface water waves are breaking in e.g. oceans, lakes, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.