from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Intrigue, secretive machinations.
- v. To achieve or obtain by underhand methods.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cabal, intrigue, faction, contention, strife, or quarrel.
- intransitive v. To contend for; to canvass; to solicit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cabal; an intrigue; a faction; contention.
- To canvass; intrigue.
From French brigue, of uncertain origin. Compare Italian briga, Spanish brega. (Wiktionary)